This post is also available in: Singapore
Is ERP System Too Big for your SME?
Many small-to-medium enterprises (SME) or small businesses face challenges in choosing the right software or system to run business processes. At some point, most businesses find that accounting software like Quickbooks and Xero are too small, while comprehensive ERP software like SAP and Oracle are too large. Today we explore what is ERP system and how Enterpryze caters to SME or small businesses that foresee their business growing at a fast pace within the next 2-3 years.
What is ERP?
ERP stands for Enterprise (or Enterpryze 😊) Resource Planning. A system or software solution that enables you to get a wholistic view of your company and make informed decisions based on what is actually happening in your company. It integrates all your core business process into one solution. An ERP is more than an accounting software, it is a system for inventory, customers relationship management, human resource and much more.
What are the core processes ERP refers to?
In simple terms, there are 2 main core processes within a business, Order to Cash (Sell) and Procure to Pay (Buy).
Order-to-Cash includes generating a sales quote, receiving an order, order fulfilment, delivery, invoicing, payment, cash received. Also known as the Selling Process.
Procure-to-Pay includes purchase request, submit for approvals, purchase order, receipt, supplier invoice, payment. Also known as the Buying Process.
An ERP system gathers all transactions within these 2 core processes and gives you an overview of your company’s health.
The benefits of an ERP system include:
- Wholistic view of your company’s health
- Improved reporting and planning that results in better business decisions
- Accurate forecasting- Look at your sales number for the next 6 months
- Streamlined processes- Save time with a streamlined process, this means employees reduce time spent in keying in data more than once.
Why does a Small Business or SME needs an ERP system?
Traditionally, companies like SAP and Oracle would have provided ERP solutions to large companies. But recently, they have brought these solutions down to SME and small business. In a time where we expect answers to be at our fingertips, the need for small businesses to access information as quickly as possible increases. Business owners need to know their company’s health in real-time, and waiting even ONE day for this information, might risk losing business opportunities.
At Enterpryze, we have taken a big, comprehensive solution and made the ERP system available for the smallest of businesses. We made it easy-to-use, easy-to-setup, and affordable, giving our customers the same advantages that these much larger companies have had for the last 40 years.
How do Enterpryze benefits Small Business and SME?
Enterpryze is more than an accounting solution.
Features in Enterpryze include:
- Client Relationship Management (CRM)– An overview of your pipeline (potential sales!). Assign your leads to different stages like “First meeting”, “Second meeting” and “Closing Call” with just a drag and drop function.
- Record Expenses- Record mileage expenses or receipt expenses on-the-go. Instead of keeping the receipt, then go back to the office to fill in an expense form physically, employees can now do it on the road and never lose a receipt again.
- Inventory Management– Manage your inventory real-time. Choose multiple warehouses, Record goods receipts and issues, track stock transfers; enable consignment, and all these add up to an on-time delivery for your customers.
Still have questions?
If you are still not convinced about whether an ERP system is for you. Talk to our representatives so we can help you access your situation.
Now in partnership with banks such as UOB, we can bring the power of ERP and banking together. Connecting Enterpryze with your UOB corporate account helps the two platform exchange data with each other in real-time. You can now save 50% of your time working on bank reconciliation, as it is now done automatically and seamlessly.